[ _villaLife ]

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Manhattan Take 2

As the weekend approached, my general health improved (yay). Akash, however, wasn't looking too great as was very much looking foward to his flight out of this freezing country. Apparently his flight was cancelled though due to bad weather and the backup from a day or two before. Jetblue, one of the local carriers, were still cancelling flights many days after the snowfall.

I discovered it was President's day on the Monday, which meant that all snowboarding packages were off for that week, and most of the resorts were filled and were charging pretty expensive rates. After doing limited research I thought I'd stay in Manhattan for the weekend, and would maybe try a day trip up to a local mountain to board.

I did the tour of Saks on 5th. With the average cost of an item in the mens section being around $500, I felt a little out of my league and just ended up taking a picture of what I wanted to buy :>


David Chu had some damn nice jersey's :>

We also checked out the National Metro Rail Museum - I think it was called. Its basically how the NY Subway was built. It was pretty dodgy looking from the outside, and was a little cold down below as its situated in an active subway station, but was definitely worth the trip. Its quite a hands on museum, and actually quite fascinating how they managed to build such a huge system under such a busy city. Here is a picture of team metro:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home